-
August 20th, 2001, 04:31 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Is your gauge showing hotter than normal or are you trying to get the gauge down further than it showed stock?
------------------
Bill Winters
Houston, TX
'94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
(ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)
-
August 20th, 2001, 05:18 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I saw a difference from those mods.
However, the stock gauge is sticky and either reads 1/4 or 2/5. Before the cooling mods it was always at 2/5.
------------------
Greg Holden
96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
Best 1/4 ==> 13.556 @ 105.29mph
My JRSC Install Site
-
August 20th, 2001, 06:13 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Well, before the cooling mods, it showed 2/5. . . it still shows 2/5, although it seems to rise slower in the mornings. I HOPE that everything is working the way it is supposed to. . .the problem is, I can't get any feedback from my stock gauge. The gauge is definately not showing any hotter than normal though.
------------------
-
August 20th, 2001, 06:26 PM
#4
Inactive Member
The stock water temp guage is very un-responsive...your temp would have to go down or up alot to see a real difference on the guage...my suggestion would be to buy a Autometer water temp guage....also you can upgrade the radiator to a Fluidyne or C&R...that will help get your temp down
------------------
John
B18C1 Powered 95 Civic EX Coupe
H22A Powered 92 Civic VX Hatch(In the works)
88 CRX HF(Coming soon)
-
August 20th, 2001, 06:52 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Do the fluidyne radiators accept the stock fans (both of them)? Does anyone have a fluidyne or C&R? How do you like them?
I think that with the thermostat and the 20:80 solution + waterwetter, I must be running temperatures atleast 20F cooler. Not even 20F would show up as any difference on the gauge?
------------------
-
August 20th, 2001, 07:40 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I consistantly show 2/5ths as well. When my thermostat stuck open a while back the needle didn't move from all the way cold.
------------------
Bill Winters
Houston, TX
'94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
(ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)
-
August 20th, 2001, 07:51 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Please explain why you are using 80% water. Is this the recommended mix when using water wetter?
Also, I think the Helms may have a resistance vs. temperature for the guage sender - maybe you could just hook up a multimeter to the sender to determine your temperatures.
------------------
-
August 20th, 2001, 08:06 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Water dissipates heat better than antifreeze does. Antifreeze is really only for corrosion protection and to keep water from freezing in the block.
------------------
Bill Winters
Houston, TX
'94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
(ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)
-
August 20th, 2001, 08:10 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Most antifreeze brands recommend that you use a minimum of 50% antifreeze. It'll protect the water in your cooling system from freezing over. Boilover protection is usually from a high pressure system (see radiator cap). Water though, can absorb almost 2x the amount of heat that antifreeze can.
Waterwetter suggests that you use atleast 15% in street vehicles. I think that in some RACE-ONLY vehicles, they use only water and waterwetter. This is not recommended for street vehicles. To be on the safe side, I used 20% antifreeze and 80% water. I figure the cooling capacity from this must be much better than the traditional 50/50. Also, I live in sunny Southern Cailfornia, so I don't think it's going to freeze over anytime soon. 
------------------
-
August 20th, 2001, 09:47 PM
#10
Inactive Member
You never know! I seen weirder things happen over there. 
------------------
"99" GSR Emerald green sedan-6 psi /JRSC,Walbro 255 lph fuel pump,AEM CAI,Comptech stainless 4-2-1 header,Comptech stainless exhaust,MSD 8.8 ignition wires, power blaster coil and MSD 6AL multi-spark ingnition, Comptech upper strut brace, Comptech integrated 22mm rear sway bar with tie bar, Comptech sport springs,DC short throw shifter, JR btc and map controller, chrome KMC Tarantula wheels on Toyo 205/45ZR 16" Proxes T1S tires, Power Stop cross drilled rotors, metal master brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, KYB/AGX struts, Energy Suspension motor mount inserts, Piaa 1700 plantinum driving lights w/Pia Super whites replacement bulbs,walnut woodtrim interior
Wing/future dark tinted windows and very proud!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks